Survive lockdown with some dryland workouts
Thanks to the age we live in there is an abundance of resources to help us all stay mentally and physically fit during these challenging times of lockdown.
Following are just a small taster of some of the resources that Masters Swimming has suggested that are largely targeted specifically to swimmers.
US Masters Swimming has a wealth of information already on their website under the Member Resources tab.
- Coronavirus and Swimming: What You Need to Know
- How to Get Through the Loss of Swimming
- How to Stay Connected With Your Masters Swimming Community
- How to Spend Your Time Away From the Water
- What to Eat When You’re Not Training
- Resistance Band Workout You Can Do From Home
- Three Yoga Breathing Practices to Melt Away Tension
- Running, Power Walking, and Cycling Workout
- Four Essential Stretches for Swimmers
- FINA’s Home Workout Routines
- Live at-home dryland workouts from Swimoutlet.com
- Use stretch bands to work on catch and pull technique and to develop core strength and flexibility https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGKmX7yrrLA
- Work on flexibility and mobility with online Yoga sessions. There is a wide range available on the internet. This is one site http://www.swimmingspecificyoga.com/online-yoga-classes-for-swimmers.html
- Effortless Swimming has an excellent resource 10 things to do while your pool is closed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kccp7Wk20FA
- If you subscribe to swimsmooth there are tips and webinars available to use.
- GoSwim is offering free sign up to their account allowing access to videos and daily emails giving everyone the opportunity to expand their swimming knowledge