Meet Our Team of 6 Gold Medalists
Over the weekend (15th-16th October) six of our members headed down to Canberra to partake in the MSNSW Long Course Championships that were held at the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS). As a team we finished 5th in the overall points - not bad for only 6 swimmers.
Unfortunately we couldn't be part of the average points as there was a minimum of 10 swimmers that needed to be swimming at the meet.
Thank you to Kim B for coming down on Sunday to support the team. It was very much appreciated.
Congratulations to Grant for competing in his first Masters carnival and achieving outstanding results.
Our members achieved the following results:
- Kelly - 1 Gold medal and 4 silver medals
- Julia - 3 Gold medals and 2 silver medals
- Suzie - 3 Gold medals and 2 bronze medals
- Bel - 4 Gold medals and 1 silver medal
- Grant - 1 Gold medal , 2 silver medals and 1 bronze medal
- Owen - 2 Gold medals, 2 silver medals and 1 bronze medal
Our relay teams certainly held their own against some fierce competition:
- Our 120+ 4 x 50 IM Women's relay team came away with 1st place and GOLD medal (team was Kelly, Julia, Suzie, Belinda)
- Our 160+ 4 x 50 IM Mixed relay team came away with a 3rd place (team was Julia, Owen, Belinda and Grant)
- Our 160+ 4 x 50 Mixed Freestyle relay team came away with a 3rd place (team was Grant, Suzie, Owen, Kelly)
Well done to our team of swimmers and the wonderful sportsmanship and support they showed each other. The support going to the race and coming back after was truly appreciated. Every little "Good luck" or "Great swim" really showed what our Campbelltown culture is all about and that is what makes our club such a great club to be part of.